Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
Another Google Base issue - Price vs Sales Price

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

If you have some special price for your items. Then you will be stuck using Google Base API in Magento.
The way that Magento works, you can map only one attribute to each attribute in Google. So, If you map price to price, then you wont be showing your sale price to your Google Base searchers. If you map Sales Price in Magento to Price in Google base, then products that don’t have special price will not be published (even though that it will be listed as published in Magento) because their price will not be sent to Google. The same problem happens with Description, if you don’t have a description for a product you cannot setup short description to be sent to Google, because Magento is already setup to send full description to Google and it will totally ignore your description.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Killoff
Magento Team

Total Posts:  17

You can create Special Price as a “Custom Attribute, no mapping” and this will create new attribute Special Price (or how do you call it) in your Google Base Item.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

Killoff, Thank you for your reply.
In this case the special price will not be useful in Google Base as people will be searching by Price and they will see the non-discounted price.
The way that this should work is to look for special price, if it is not there then it should use Price. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

i absolutely agree with zadpro. i am having the exact same issues, and have had them ongoing since turbo1’s commissioned google base feed… which im still using due to the admin/admin bug in magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

I agree with Zadpro also, hence why i have yet again gone back to the gbase.php script

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/80404/

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

the gbase.php (turbo1) script has since been updated to check for special price.
not sure if it works for catalog price rules tho, e.g. store wide sales..

varien, please incorporate the above-mentioned functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

I also wound up going back to the gbase.php script because of this .. (funny) tongue rolleye

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

Can a team member comment on this? I actually believe it should pick the minimum of: Special Price, Tier Prices, or Price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oldsteel68

Total Posts:  131

any news about this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Does it feed catalog price rules based special prices to Google base or does it not?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dekard

Total Posts:  80

Bump, this should work automatically.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nexus Rex

Total Posts:  139
Utah, USA

What about the attribute Minimal Price? I wonder if that is meant to do what you explain - pull the lowest price from Price, Special Price, and Tier Price.

Right now I can’t get any prices to carry over to Google Base at all. There is no attribute in the mapping for Price. So, all my Google Base listings have no price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnsteve

Total Posts:  1

In My system i am using google search engine.If i want anything then type in google search tool bar then press enter after that system was hanged whats the problem actually.
================

john

Business Forums

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Hmmm, just experiencing this problem now.

Using catalogue price rules to create a special price reduction across all products, but the special price is not getting carried to google, just the regular full price.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeremy217

Total Posts:  25

I am also using catalog price rules and google base is showing the regular price instead of the discounted price..

Magento Community
Magento Community

SetuBridgeDev

Total Posts:  50

Hi all ,

I have the same problem , I want to map the special price to the google base product but instead of displaying the special price value it show me the regular price on the google base account. I think from magento code instead of checking for the special price it direcly send the regular price to the google .

Is there any solution to change this and fix this problem ...........

Please help me out from this problem . its urgent for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5