Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Place Order Now Taking To Long? 

Riftlord

Total Posts:  36

Hi,
The more products you have in the cart the longer it takes to process here’s a test i’ve done

1 product takes 5 seconds to process after clicking place order now button
2 product takes 10 seconds to process after clicking place order now button
3 product takes 11 seconds to process after clicking place order now button
4 product takes 12 seconds to process after clicking place order now button
5 product takes 15 seconds to process after clicking place order now button

and so on and we have a few people lately adding 20-30 products in there cart that actually timed out after clicking the place order button. I’ve put in a temporary fix that increase the timeout to 2 minutes but that’s totally ridiculous.

I’m not sure if this is only a problem with onestepcheckout do people get the same problem with the normal checkout?

I’ve only noticed this problem since Magento 1.5 but that’s not to say it wasn’t there before.

There’s others that have reported bugs and me to the bug tracker but 99% of the time thats a waste of time. How does one actually get Magento to take your post seriously and not give the same old standard response?

I believe the problem probably lies with the fact that Magento takes a long time to save a product due to all it’s multi dimensional arrays for each product but does it really need need to complete the loading and saving after clicking place order now.

There’s got to be a way to speed this up????

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

Chaining to this thread and this thread.

Possible caching problem suggested in the above.

1.4.1.1 here has 20 items taking 60 seconds and gets hockystick exponential after that. 15-18 forms the curve of the knee.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Riftlord

Total Posts:  36

This is a common problem that’s been around for a while and it’s got something to do with the cache.  As no one has solved it yet i’ll have to carry on testing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

Possible related issue...

Observers for Downloadable Products and RSS cause a noticeable slow down as each gets triggered for each line item on the Sales Order. At about 20 items, the wait is excruciating. Here’s the module config.xml snippet that fires the observer for Mage_Downloadable.

<sales_order_item_save_after>
    <
observers>
        <
downloadable_observer>
            <class>
downloadable/observer</class>
            <
method>saveDownloadableOrderItem</method>
        </
downloadable_observer>
    </
observers>
</
sales_order_item_save_after>

Since I use neither of these modules, I decided to fire a Sparrow up their tailpipes and end the agony. In 1.4.1.1, you can do this by finding the <active> tags and changing the contents to false in:

/app/etc/modules/Mage_Downloadable.xml

and in the Mage_Rss section in:

/app/etc/modules/Mage_All.xml

Instead of merely disabling the output and leaving the observers alive as resource sucking undead, this shuts the modules down completely. This can be done with any Magento module, but not with impunity. Be sure to check the <depends> tags for each module to make sure any of the ones you disable is not needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community