Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

the quest for an efficient product import script

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

@laccas

1) Since your csv had _ in the headers of your csv, i suppose the format is not really the one magmi expects , but near enough to work.

2) for the allow truncated lines, this proves your csv had some formatting / generation problems. this also means there is no way to know which of the columns are missing on some rows. while a handy “workaround”, it won’t guarantee the faulty lines will be imported with the right data at the right place.

3) For the visibility & status, and as said in the magmi wiki , ensure you use the ”Generic mapper” plugin and that you have made the necessary translation files for it if your data is not in english (which seems to be the case).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@HeesBeen

First, thanks for the donation.

For your permission problem :

- Try to resave the global parameters of magmi (perhaps you did set them to 755 but forgot to save)
- If strange behaviour still happen, then maybe it’s a server issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

safisch

Total Posts:  24

I’m suddenly getting this error:

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/xxx/xxx.com/magmi/state/magmistate): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /xxx/local/home/xxx/xxx.com/magmi/inc/magmi_statemanager.php on line 45 Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /xxx/local/home/xxx/xxx.com/magmi/inc/magmi_statemanager.php on line 46 Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /xxx/local/home/xxx/xxx.com/magmi/inc/magmi_statemanager.php on line 47

Magento Community
Magento Community

safisch

Total Posts:  24

kirkland_books - 01 December 2011 09:44 AM

Excellent module.  Why can’t the Magento native import be that flexible easy to configure ?!

One tiny problem I noticed I’m having is dates.  I put for example “30/11/2012” in the csv, but it ends up as ‘30/11/200” in the db?

Any ides why.

Hi Kirkland,

Magmi wants the date in the format yyyy/mm/dd.  Dweeves promises to make the dd/mm/yyyy compatable in a future release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emca

Total Posts:  16
Bucharest

Hmm, on http://..../magmi/web/magmi_utilities.php i get

Warning: usort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /..../magmi/inc/magmi_pluginhelper.php on line 51

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /..../magmi/inc/magmi_pluginhelper.php on line 53

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@emca

weird, did you install the utilities plugin package ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

emca

Total Posts:  16
Bucharest

I only installed magmi_0.7.16a.zip

Magento Community
Magento Community

Heesbeen

Total Posts:  8

Hello Dweeves.

The import is running nicely.

One question.I’m running the import every 15 minutes.  Everytime after import is reindexes everything. This takes a lot of time , 4/5 minutes and cpu. Is it neccesaray to reindex all parts after import or just a view? I can experement with that but maybe you know better solutions.

I want changes in stock, product properties to be viewed on the website a.s.a.p.

My solution for now is to run a cron seperatly from the import so the import is finished quick and the file gets moved to the archive folder.

Hope to hear your thougths.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@Heesbeen

for quick updates (ie: no new products), just reindex :
- catalog_product_price
- catalog_product_attributes (if any of changing values are used for layered navigation)
- cataloginventory_stock

those should be very quick to index.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pesst

Total Posts:  7

Have a look to my tutorial http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/267886/

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

@pesst
i like this part of your tutorial :
- Import profile→all products, wait like an hour

for your info:
1600 products for magmi = about 40 seconds (high estimation)

Magento Community
Magento Community

strategictech

So i’ve recently had the time to play around with Magmi, and i must say thank you for your AWESOME WORK. Due to my vendors not having anything close to uniform data, and some not even having a XML/CSV file at all (I have to scrape for everything), magmi will be saving me a ridiculous amount of time.

I have one particular vendor that makes things extra difficult, and I’m having a hard time working out the logic to use with Datapump (Datapump rocks btw) to effectively manage product stock updates in the future. The majority of the items this vendor sells have one sku that is compatible with multiple models (Like printer ink cartridges, or car parts). For SEO purposes i want to create a new product (Not grouped) for each item - but the logic issue i am having is, magento does not allow duplicate skus!  This isn’t a datapump issue whatsoever - but i figured the people reading this thread would probably be the ones that may have an answer.

I am thinking about using datapump to create random skus, pop them into a MySQL database and associate them with the vendors sku. Then i *SHOULD* be able to have datapump query the database for the vendor sku on import and loop through the random skus to update the price/inventory.

Sorry for long winded post, but i was hoping someone has dealt with this issue before i go and over-complicate things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

FRANCE

rather than creating random skus, why not reuse vendor skus (since they are the same item) but taken from multiple vendors ?

separating skus in magento would just enable dissociated stock/price per vendor. (is that really what you want) ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kharloss

Total Posts:  4

hi. I encounter a small issue when i use magmi.

Magmi Magento Reindexer v1.0.5 - Content-type: text/html

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../engines/.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php52/pear’) in /home/spacesho/public_html/magmi/web/magmi_run.php on line 10

any advice ?
thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

strategictech

Dweeves,

Thank you for your reply, and thanks again for Magmi.

This issue is actually with items that i sell from one vendor only. The reason i cannot use their sku, is because they unfortunately just list the compatible models in the items description and assign only one sku. For SEO purposes this doesn\’t work for me. (Their data is genuinely the worst i\’ve ever seen, and isn\’t even close to uniform enough to create a relevant sku that can be referenced later from bits of data by parsing the description).

After contemplating a bit more, i am still thinking of generating random skus for the items, but creating an attribute vendor_sku and populating it for each item with their sku. Then in my datapipe inventory update script querying the database, and pretty much looping through the catalog_product_flat_ table1 for the vendor_sku attribute, and checking to see if it matches the sku i am trying to update, if it does, pull my randomly generated sku and pop it into the $sku variable for update.

It\’s really a mess, but if it works, I\’ll post my horribly convoluted code for others that may have the same issue in the future.

Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community