Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Crontab, Stock Status Index process is working now. Please try run this process later. 

Nejc

Total Posts:  20

I am having a strange problem. I would like to reindex my indexes via crontab. I’ve set my crontab to run once a day.

php /full/path/shell/indexer.php reindexall

This is the summary I get by email:

Stock Status Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Product Prices Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Catalog URL Rewrites Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Product Flat Data Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Category Flat Data Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Category Products Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Catalog Search Index Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Tag Aggregation Data Index process is working nowPlease try run this process later.
Stock Status index was rebuilt successfully

You can see, my indexes don’t rebuild, except the last one. I’ve already flushed the var/locks folder, no luck. This happened after migrating the shop to another server. Its funny that just the last one gets reindexed, isn’t it? I am running Magento CE 1.4.1.0.

I can reindex all my Indexes in the Magento Backend without any problems.

Thanks for your help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rubenspain2

Total Posts:  1

Hi Nejc!

I read this post a little late.

If you don’t solved yet your problem try this way:

I think all you need to do is make sure that the folder /var/locks is given permission of 777.
Including the files within the folder.
You can be this change using SSH terminal or your FTP aplication.

When you move or copy your any folder to another server this permission may be changed.

Well, I will happy if this post resolved your problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

forealy

Total Posts:  20

Thank you very much rubenspain2,
this solved the problem.
var had permission 777 but var/locks didnt.
i changed var/locks permission to 777 like you recommended and it works again.

Thank you very much
Greetings

Magento Community
Magento Community

spider2012

Total Posts:  7

Hi,

I am getting the error “Product Prices Index process is working now. Please try run this process later” while re-indexing the data.

I deleted all the locks in my /var/locks/ folder and it solved the issue.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blupark

Total Posts:  18

This worked for me. Deleted all the files in /var/locks

re-indexed and the error “Stock Status Index process is working now. Please try run this process later.”

Went away.

Magento Community
Magento Community

EDENCO

Total Posts:  11

Remove folder var/locks, add manualy folder var/locks and set premissions to 777.
Sounds silly but it works for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

russellalbin

Total Posts:  3
Omaha

So, what do you do when all these great ideas in this forum still FAIL!  Check the owner of the /var/locks folder

Just in case anyone else has the same issue BUT simply deleting the folder /var/locks and then creating a new folder then chmod to 777 STILL DOES NOT WORK!  Well, its probably a permission issue...as I experienced for the past few hours.  It turned out that I use SSH to log in and my hosting company using the user root. SO when I created the folder it was owned by root.  It seems as that even with 777 apache was unable to write to the folder..and that is why the message about the indexes still running and to please try run this process later would never clear.  Once I changed the owner and the group to apache, THATS what finally fixed my issue.

In case you were wondering here are the steps involved:
#1 - ssh into the server
#2 - change into the proper directory that has the code base
#3 - type this command to change the owner: chown -R apache var
#4 - type this command to change the group: chgrp -R apache var
#5 - try the reindex again change int the folder shell and run this command: php indexer.php --reindexall

So, in short it was the fact that the folder was owned by ROOT that was the source of the problem simply change the owner and group to apache and try again!  I hope this saves another poor soul like myself from several hours of headache!

Magento Community
Magento Community

neal_swalk

Total Posts:  14

firemanruss, thanks, spot on! The above didnt work, followed your instructions and it worked a treat!

My issue was on Magento version 1.7.0.2, pretty much same problem, but I was getting the Stock indexer running error in the Magento backend when trying to re-index.

Followed firemanruss\’s instructions and that sorted it.

I had just transfered onto a VPS.

I had the same issue with 2 sites, the first worked, I got this error from putty when I try ran the reindex on the second site though, any ideas?

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/#/httpdocs/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Indexer.php on line 59

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xtreme Outdoors

Total Posts:  4
United Kingdom

Huge thanks rubenspain2!

I have been puzzling over this for a few weeks, but deleting all of the lock files solved the problem.

Thanks again, this thread has been a great help to us grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community