The Magento Team is continuing to grow. We are looking for a top notch Interactive Designer to join our team in sunny Los Angeles, CA. While our preference is for local candidates, exceptional candidates working remotely will be considered.
The Interactive Designer will handle all aspects of the design process from concept to the production of visual assets. You will work closely with product and project managers at Varien to define the scope of the project and with engineers/developers to determine the best way to execute the designs. If this sounds like you and you feel you meet the requirements below, please send your resume to jobs (at) varien.com
- 3+ years experience in conceptual design, detailed design and web production work.
- Outstanding portfolio with engaging designs.
- Online design experience a must. This is not a print design position.
- Experience interacting with product managers to help define and refine product requirements.
- Experience working with engineers/developers to collaborate on the production and QA processes.
- Provide user interface expertise from concept through development
- Able to develop design concepts, carry them forward, and produce pixel perfect production assets for development.
- Able to contribute to the establishment and ownership of design guidelines, and help manage and evolve them over time.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment and produce results quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent team player with the maturity to advocate design and lead the process and manage own time within budget constraints.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen to and understand the needs of others while articulating one’s own thoughts.
- Excellent understanding of consumer internet.
- Expert level skills and experience with Photoshop.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Macromedia Flash.
- A basic understanding of how web-based presentation layer technologies work and how to exploit them, including DHTML, Flash, and AJAX.
- The designer should be self-motivated and be able to make logical decisions to ensure the overall success of the project by creating designs that seamlessly address customer and business concerns and objectives.
- Keep abreast of current design tools, techniques and methodologies.
Interested in joining our global team? Are you as passionate about eCommerce as we are? We’d love to hear from you - jobs (at) varien.com