Magento Groups is now Live
It’s been a busy day at Varien and tonight we are announcing the launch of Magento Groups available at http://groups.magentocommerce.com or http://www.magentocommerce.com/groups.
What are Magento Groups?
Magento Groups is the place to organize, plan and collaborate on Magento projects. Projects can be on any topic (see examples below) and in any language. Users can start/join groups and view/post blog topics, add/edit wiki articles and participate interactively towards the project goals. Examples of groups include:
- Payment Gateway Integration: Protx, eWay, Linkpoint, 2Checkout, Moneybookers, Luupay, Chronopay, NoChex, Bill Me Later, WorldPay, PayJunction, etc. (partial list taken from the The Great Big Payment Processing Thread on the forum). We expect a group would be started for each provider.
- Shipping Carrier Integration
- Accessibilty and Standards
- Online Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Development for specific modules (for example: drop shipping, auctions, POS, subscription, etc.)
- Integrations with 3rd party applications (for example: Joomla, Drupal, Typo3, Quickbooks, Peachtree, MAS2000, etc.)
- And so on...
We started the first group - Search Engine Optimization - if this is a topic that interests you, we’d love to see you join
This is an exciting feature that will provide a common set of tools for the Magento community to interact. We hope you like and as always would love to hear your thoughts.