Thanks to the exceptional dedication and support of the Magento community of 800,000+ members and over 400 solution partners worldwide, Magento is enjoying tremendous market momentum -- adding over 100 new enterprise retailers a month and 1000s a month on Magento Community Edition and Go.
- A recent comparison of the over 20 platforms found that “Magento continues its rise and dominance as the industry’s most popular platform” with a 31.4% share of the market across all versions of Magento. (Source: aheadWorks blog post, Sept. 11, 2012)
- 20% of all eCommerce Sites in the Alexa Top 1 Million Sites Use Magento – that’s more than any other eCommerce platform. (Source: Tom Robertshaw eCommerce Survey, February 21, 2012).
To date, more than 125,000 businesses worldwide have chosen Magento as their eCommerce platform. Our customers range from trail-blazing start-ups and fast-growing eCommerce innovators to some of the largest and most respected global brands spanning a number of industries. For a view into how merchants large and small grew customer acquisition and conversion rates, expanded to new markets and were fast afoot to take advantage of new opportunities, check out their stories.
These businesses have found that Magento’s open source approach provides some unique advantages:
1) Unrivaled flexibility to express their brands and deliver exceptional customer service
2) Tremendous breadth of out-of-the-box features
3) The lowest total cost of ownership and time to market whether you’re start-up launching your first eCommerce store or a multi-national brand popping up a test site in a new market
4) World-class performance and scalability
Our customers and partners believe the real disruptive power of our strategy is in the combination of the capabilities provided by our partners (6,400 extensions and growing), and those provided by eBay and GSI Commerce.
Magento is an entry point into eBay Inc.’s world-class multi-channel commerce solutions including eBay Marketplaces, PayPal, RedLaser, Milo, Vendornet, eDialog, Clearsaleing, PepperJam, FetchBack, Where and Shopping.com with more capabilities quickly coming online. Magento is also the best way to take advantage of all the capabilities available through the X.commerce platform.
We look forward to giving our customers, partners and developers ever better tools to take advantage of the tremendous commerce opportunities before us!