On September 18th, Magento had the pleasure of attending the Fall 2013 WWD Digital Forum at New York’s Asia Society. For all of our fashion and beauty merchants, this is an event hosted by WWD editors and addresses everything from mobile technology to social media marketing, eCommerce and beyond.
We heard from several influential speakers throughout the day:
- GAP’s Global Director of Digital and Social Media, Rachel Tipograph explained how to make the shift to Lo-Fi Marketing using social tools like Instagram and Tumblr.
- Larry Promisel, SVP of Digital Commerce at the Camuto Group discussed the evolution of the Vince Camuto brand and their plans for a new eCommerce site.
- Julia Goldin, Global Chief Marketing Officer of Revlon gave an inspiring talk about how to build an iconic brand (see photo below).
- U.S. Director of Digital Marketing for Benefit Cosmetics, Claudia Allwood demonstrated how ‘laughter is the best cosmetic’ and taught the audience best practices for how to engage in social media in a fun, yet professional way.
- Amy Jain and Daniela Yacobovsky, co-founders of Magento site, BaubleBar showed us how to respond to customers in real time by making use of data and analytics.
If you have the opportunity to go to the next WWD Digital Forum, we highly recommend it as it is a fantastic opportunity to stay current with the latest in digital trends and you’ll walk away with actionable insights to help you move your business forward.
For more information about Magento and the fashion industry, please visit magento.com/fashion.