Magento Answers Updates
Greetings Magento Community,
Thank you for getting active with us on Magento Answers. We’ve only been up for two weeks but we’re getting a steady stream of questions averaging about 100 each week. This means we have over 200 questions on Magento Answers and we can see the activity rising with each passing day. Over the last weeks, our team has been working on some initial enhancements and modifications which may not necessarily be visible to you. These changes include work on our admin panel, so that (as moderators of Answers) we’ll have better control over Magento Answers, making it better organized and easier for you to find interesting questions, answers, people and topics.
Recent Activity - Quick Stats
As promised, we’d keep you posted of some interesting Answers facts and stats. Here is a breakdown of some of the recent activity on Magento Answers:
- There have been over 100 questions added to Magento Answers in the last 7 days.
- Of those questions, the topics with the most followers (in order of popularity) are Programming, Theming, Development, Extensions, and Module Development—so you should get your questions in to these large-audience topics.
- Of the top folks answering on Magento Answers, it’s no surprise that Magento Forum Moderators Sherrie and Brent W Peterson make the top of the list along with, our Expert Consulting Group.
- Also, not surprisingly, for 2 weeks in a row the most viewed, answered and followed question is What’s your favorite ‘live’ Magento store? with over 20 responses and over 1000 views. We encourage you to join in the topic and post your favorites! (Don’t forget to use images).
Just a fast reminder: Please add topics to your questions. Many members prefer following topics, over questions—if your topic is not categorized you may not get the audience you desire. I cannot stress the importance of meaningful topics.
Keep Sending Us Feedback
Finally, we’ve received a tremendous amount of feedback about Magento Answers and with many of the most recent changes happening on the back-end, it’s time to give some visibility to our front end and talk about known issues and upcoming improvements. We are going to be spending a great deal of time improving navigation and here’s a few changes that are in progress, and coming soon:
- Improved member profiles including graphs representing activity on Answers
- Better question and topic browsing options including the ability to browse all recent activity regardless of following status, and ability to see uncategorized questions
- Improved control over objects that you are following
- Improved commenting and response—as well as the ability to mark a question as officially “Answered”
- Improved Activity Stream, Navigation and more! Stay tuned!
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the coming weeks, as our team begins releasing these enhancements, we’ll be updating you every step of the way. One of our priorities, is that our Magento Answers community members have the best user experience possible, and this is why your feedback is so important. Please send your feedback directly to us at and stay tuned for more updates.