We've searched far and wide and can safely say Magento is the best shopping cart on the internet. It really is the next generation of ecommerce.
Myke Armstrong, NerdyShirts.com
- Can you tell us a bit about your company?
Our site, NerdyShirts.com is an online T-shirt company. We carry some of the most awesome shirts in the world. Recently we've been experiencing some growth. To handle this, we needed a new shopping cart and a good web hosting company. We found Magento, which we believe to be the next generation of ecommerce and we found CrucialWebHost.com, a hosting company whose business model is developed around Magento. They have been a major help along the way. Magento runs quickly on their servers and they know Magento quite well. We've had a great experience with them.
- What technologies are currently implemented / integrated in the frontend and behind-the-scenes?
We are using the basic Magento features and have added some custom features including a real time graphical stock chart in the front end, a rate of sale/reorder script in the backend and an out of stock notifier, which notifies customers when a shirt they want comes back in stock.
- Why did you choose Magento for the project?
We've searched far and wide and can safely say Magento is the best shopping cart on the internet. It really is the next generation of ecommerce. Oh, it's also free.
- Do you have other projects that you work on using Magento?
We are currently devoting all our time to NerdyShirts but of course are always throwing ideas back and forth about other ecommerce ventures.
- Would you recommend enterprise companies use Magento?
Magento is quite scalable with some essential enterprise features built in.
- What are your future plans with Magento?
We had been watching Magento since it was first announced. We started using the first stable version and now are along for the ride. We look forward to seeing Magento develop and continue to grow.
- What other solutions did you consider and/or evaluate?
We've tried and used many shopping carts, Magento stands above them.
- Any recommendations for people evaluating Magento?
- You know, there is a search box at the top of the Magento admin section. In this you can search for anything: a product, an order, a customers name, etc... Results are displayed in real time. This feature alone has saved us hours of time. I think people should know about this.
- Any final words of wisdom?
Shopping carts and web hosting is important, but don't forget about customer support.