Features: Admin Order Management Preview
There are a few new features in the next preview release of Magento (expected later this week), and we are especially excited about the Order Management functionality in the Magento Backend.
In short, this allows orders to be made from the backend, both for existing customers and for new customers. In future releases the Order Management functionality will be extended to a full-fledged Order Management tool with more advanced functionality, but let's take a look at how the Create Order feature works now.
Order Management Highlights
Click image to enlarge
- Currency can be selected per order.
- The customers shopping cart is visible in the create order screen. The admin can move items from the shopping cart to the order (and vice versa).
- The customers wish list is visible in the create order screen as well. The admin can move items from the wish list to the order (and vice versa).
- The items in the customers compare box are visible. The admin can move items from the compare box to the order.
- Products can be searched/filtered and added to the order.
- Customer can be assigned to a different customer group (if needed).