Upgrading Magento to 0.8.17240 via PEAR
The PEAR packages upgrade for 0.8.17240 is now available for download via Magento’s Extensions Administrative interface or via SSH shell command line.
Please note that this version upgrade introduces a change that will require additional steps for successful upgrade from previous versions (this does not apply to clean PEAR installation), as explained below:
- The PEAR installer upgrades packages by deleting files from previous release and creating files for new release
- The new release packages do not contain files that usually will be modified by the user, such as “/index.php” and “/.htaccess”
- These files will be supplied with different names, which are “/index.php.sample” and “/.htaccess.sample” for use as sample
- That means that existing files will be deleted and not recreated
- Therefore we suggest to back up these 2 files before the PEAR upgrade and restore them after the upgrade
This applies only to this specific upgrade, and will not be required for consequent upgrades.
NOTE: If you are using the index.php without modifying it and try to re-upload your files you will need to change the line Mage::run(’base’) to Mage::run(’default’) for the new version to work.