Technical Support Tips: Filing Support Tickets
For Magento Enterprise Edition customers, having access to Magento technical support can alleviate a lot of holiday-related stress. Knowing how to best access Magento’s technical support team will help you expedite your support issues to resolution, and keep your store running smoothly throughout the holiday season.
How to Open a Support Ticket
1. Go to: http://support.magentocommerce.com
2. Log in and navigate to the Support page under My Account.
3. Click the “Open New Ticket” button at the top, on the right
1. Describe the issue you’re reporting and include any steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot on your own. Include details that will help Magento Technical Support experts understand the issue, such as the SKU number if a particular product is affected. When possible, provide numbered steps to reproduce the situation (screenshots are helpful, too).
2. Ensure Magento logging is enabled (sys > conf > dev > log settings page) and that enabled payment and shipping gateways are in “debug” mode.
3. Provide admin panel, SSH, and database access using the “Add Credentials” button. (Note: You can add these later by navigating to the ticket in your Magento account.)
4. Execute the backup.sh script and provide path to the generated files. If you do not have the backup.sh script, request it.
5. List any recently modified files or recently added extensions/customizations.
Download our Magento Enterprise Technical Support Guide to learn more best practices for maximizing the value of the Magento Support Team.
Have you checked your store against Magento’s Holiday Checklist? Click here to read our 12 tips for maximizing performance during the busiest shopping days of the year.