Sneak Peek: Magento Version 1.1 Features
Magento Version 1.1 is fast approaching. Varien’s Yoav Kutner and Chris Marshall sat down to discuss the features which will be added as part of the upcoming release, expected at the end of June/early July.
Sit back and enjoy the video discussion of the 1.1 release functionality, and for quick reference we have provided a list below. Please note that this is a partial list - additional smaller features and bug fixes are also expected to be part of the upcoming release.
1. Performance Improvements: Since the 1.0 release we have been working on improving the performance of Magento and the 1.1 release will see further gains (as much as 40% performance improvements in the catalog and sales modules).
2. Admin UI improvements: Changes will be made to only load data when necessary, improving the responsiveness of the Admin Panel.
3. Web Services API: A highly requested feature which will make integrating Magento with 3rd party software much easier. The API will be added for the catalog, customers and sales modules.
4. Virtual Products: These products which do not require shipping information and/or inventory management add to Magento’s product types by allowing for store owners to more easily create and manage products.
5. Customer Defined Product Options: This functionality will allow customers to define text, images, etc. for products.
6. Bundled Products: One of the most exciting features, this will allow store owners to create built to order products and will further extend the product options available in Magento.
7. Improved support for EU and Canadian taxes: The tax rules and functionalities for EU and Canadian taxes will be added to the Core, which should be especially exciting to the Magento community outside of the US.
Watch the video for more details on all of these features.
As always, we reserve the right to change the list of expected features (if we don’t feel a feature is ready), and cannot assume responsibility for any loss that may come from a late or unreleased feature.