New Staff Picks Selected in Magento Connect
Congratulations to our new Magento Connect Staff Picks! Our Staff Picks highlight some of the best extensions in Magento Connect, extensions that are truly helping merchants improve their businesses. Staff Picks are selected from both Magento Enterprise Edition and Magento Community Edition extensions, and developed by both Magento Industry Partners and our ever-growing community of independent developers. Check them out!
How we picked them
Our algorithm for selecting Staff Picks is something of a secret sauce. It’s based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- The extension offers something unique to merchants
- It drives real value and benefits for merchants
- Its extension and developer profiles are complete and well thought-out, including detailed benefits, feature functionality and service descriptions, as well as UI screenshots
- The extension developer provides strong technical support
- The extension has a good overall rating from the Magento Connect community, plus a good number of individual ratings
- The extension's Magento Connect page has strong, regular traffic
- The extension is available for multiple recent versions of either Magento Enterprise Edition or Magento Community Edition
- Magento Enterprise Edition extensions have few or no Magento Tech Support tickets (Not applicable to Community Edition extensions)
Want to be considered for Staff Picks?
Make sure you can check off as many of the above criteria as you can. Extensions that do not fulfill the criteria are not excluded or ignored, but the more of them you can check off, the better your chances of being selected. More importantly, improving your extension is also good for your business.
The following are easy ways to improve your chances of selection – and they are good for your business:
- Improve your extension and developer profiles (e.g. focus on benefits and value, not just feature functionality. Sure features are great, but why should a merchant use them? What benefits will they get?)
- Make sure you are supporting the latest version of either Magento Enterprise Edition or Magento Community Edition
- Improve your developer support – customer service is everything!
- Request reviews. Following up with your customers post-integration can not only help you understand how to improve your product, but it’s also great customer service. So follow up, ask questions, and request reviews!
Again, congratulations to our new Staff Picks! And thank you to all of the Industry Partners and independent developers that have posted extensions. Your extensions are driving real benefits for Magento merchants, enriching Magento solutions and improving the Magento ecosystem. Thank you – and keep up the good work!