Magento Secures Its First Investment
At Magento we look at everything we do against one measuring stick—“enabling the eCommerce ecosystem”. Today’s announcement that we’ve secured our first investment will further help us all continue to make this come true. While the terms of the deal are confidential, we’re extremely excited about this investment and the capital will give us an even stronger foundation for growth as Magento continues to be adopted Worldwide. Our tremendous growth rate can be seen in our metrics:
- Magento has been downloaded over 1.5 million times.
- Is in active use by over 60,000 merchants who sell online.
- We also now have an active community of over 150,000 members and our forums are visited daily by tens of thousands of developers.
- Our passionate users have also translated the product into more than 65 languages.
- We now have over 150 partners around the world helping deliver Magento to large and small merchants through the US, Europe & Asia.
- Many of the world’s best brands and emerging eCommerce leaders are now running their eCommerce stores on Magento.
- …and yes, the word “Magento” is now searched more than “eCommerce” http://tinyurl.com/yd5ofcd
What does it mean to “enable the eCommerce ecosystem”? It’s about building Magento into a company that supports and facilitates the growth and vision of our passionate eCommerce users, developers, partners and merchants around the world.
We have come a long way in a short time and our growth is fantastic. Yet there is no shortage of initiatives that we remain focused on to achieve our goals with and for you, the Magento community.