Magento Preview Version CE 220.127.116.11-RC1 - Now Available!
We are excited to announce the release of Magento Community Preview Version CE 18.104.22.168-RC1.
Before you begin downloading this preview version of our latest Community software from our download page or via SVN, we need to stress that it’s likely unstable and that we DON’T recommend that you use it in any production environment just yet. (For more info about preview releases and the Community edition release process click here.)
Highlights of improvements and new features include:
- Different base prices for customer groups
- Automatic generation of multiple coupon codes for a single promotion
- Backup and Rollback functionality
- CAPTCHA functionality to reduce spam registrations
- First version of REST APIs with support for:
- -Creation, retrieval, update and deletion operations for simple products
- -Retrieval of a list of orders as well as specific order information
- -Update and retrieval operations for catalog inventory
- -Creation, retrieval, update and deletion operations with complete customer information and customer address information
- -More information on the REST APIs will be published soon
- Updates and enhancements to the existing SOAP and XML-RPC APIs with introduction of new API calls
- VAT ID validation for B2B sales in Europe
- New price range layered navigation algorithm
- HTML5 based theme for mobile devices
And that’s just the beginning. Check out our full list of features and fixed issues on our release notes page. Or take the software for a test drive and see how it works first hand. Diff files are available here. If you find any issues, be sure to report them in the bugtracker.