Magento in Multiple Languages - Translations Getting Started
Here's how it works:
- Under each international forum, you will find a sticky thread (titled "Official Magento Translation" ...) with a zip file attached. The file contains a directory structure and a number of csv files. The directory structure and csv files must stay as is (in terms of structure and naming).
- Each CSV file has two columns. The right column is intended to be overwritten with the translations. The left column serves as a reference and should not be overwritten - this is very important.
- We decided that only <a> and <br / > tags are to be used in the original text (i.e. the first column). All other HTML tags (e.g. <strong>) should be added to the translated text (i.e. second column) where appropriate.
- If you do not see your language in the international forums or your locale, please contact us and we will add it.
- Given the amount of work per language, we strongly suggest for the community to interact through the forum and split up the work. Hopefully this will lead to a faster and more thorough process.
- Please let us know once the translation is complete and we will incorporate it in future releases.
Questions? Let us know in the comments or contact us.