Magento Enterprise Edition Q3 Feature Preview
Coming in Q3 2009, the next update to Magento Enterprise edition will offer some impressive new features that empower you to provide an online shopping experience to your customers that is a cut above the rest. Of course, current Magento Enterprise Edition subscribers receive all this and more as part of your subscription. If you are a current customer with questions, please open a support ticket and our dedicated support team will get back to you.
The next version of Magento Enterprise Edition features enhancements such as a Rich Merchandising Suite, will allow you to better target specific customer segments for marketing personalization, offer special deals based on customer segments and suggest similar and related products.
Also in the next update to Magento Enterprise Edition, the eagerly anticipated CMS+ Enhanced Content Management System. With content and commerce becoming a vital combination for creating rich online shopping experiences, Magento Enterprise Edition will now include a CMS with comprehensive functionality to create and manage dynamic and static content. This includes a WYSIWYG editor, page hierarchy and menu support for content and the introduction of widgets for adding configurable blocks of content to your pages.
Here is an in depth view of what you can expect to see in the next version of the Magento Enterprise Edition.
Rich Merchandising Suite (RMS)
Targeted Customer Segmentation
Segment customers into groups and optimize marketing initiatives by identifying specific customers groups by characteristics and/or value.
- Create reports that segment customers into one or multiple groups based on customer characteristics (address, location, sex, etc.) and/or by behavior (purchase history, on-site browsing, etc.). For example, target all customers that purchased a Sony products in the previous 12 months and spent over $500 last month, with a shipping addresses in CA.
- Export customer data for each segment/group to use with a CRM, Email Marketing and other 3rd party systems in CSV, Excel, and XML formats.
- Define catalog and shopping cart price rules based on customer attributes or customer segmentation groups. For example, give a 20% discount on all Sony products for all customers that purchased Sony products over the past year and that spent over $500 last month with a shipping address in CA.
Effective, targeted merchandising is proven to increase sales. Magento’s Rich Merchandising Suite, will provide online merchants the tools required to ensure success by suggesting products for customers and equipping customers with the resources needed to increase the average order value (AOV).
- Automated rule-based selection of products to be used for up-sell. For example, display items as up-sells in the same category as the current product viewed and have a price greater than 10% of the current item, and made by the same manufacturer.
- Create more appealing offers for customers by adding related items for each product. For example, display items that are from a sub-category of the existing category currently viewed as related items, and have the same manufacturer as the current item.
- Offer more buying options on the shopping cart page that increase average order value through cross-sell items. For example show top 5 items that are bought over 20% of the time together with the last item added to cart.
- Ability to override the automated rules above by manually selecting products to be used as cross-sell, up-sell or related-items for a specific product.
Targeted Marketing Personalization Zones
Personalize the customer experience and increase conversations, by providing targeted, rules driven promotional marketing banners tailored to each customer segment.
- Serve targeted and personalized banners based on advance rules per customer segmentation and/or customer behavior (e.g. past order history, past viewing history, items currently in shopping cart or wishlist etc.).
- Integrate banners to your custom theme via a special smart page block that will serve the banners based on the rules created for each promotion.
- Create call-to-action callouts, by associating promotional banners to catalog and shopping cart price rules and convert browsers to customers.
CMS+, Enhanced Content Management System
Content and Commerce often go hand in hand and Magento’s CMS+ system will provide comprehensive functionality to build complex content pages. New functionality will include:
- Creation of multiple versions of a static page before publishing and restrict publishing privileges for
authorized users only.
- WYSIWYG editor with support for inserting images, URL’s, product images/URL’s, category URL’s, and embedding videos
- Create menus and page hierarchy for CMS pages.
- Introduce Widgets for insertion to CMS pages. Widgets are configurable page blocks that allow to display dynamic (or static) content on your store frontend. For example display all best sellers for a specific category on the top part of the category page.
For more information on current and future features of Magento Enterprise Edition, including feature videos showcasing Enterprise Edition functionality, click visit the Magento Enterprise Edition home page and/or contact us with any questions.