Magento Developer Certification is Here!
For years, the best Magento developers have asked for a way to establish their credentials and market their skills to the growing universe of Magento merchants and Solution Partners. At the same time, merchants and Solution Partners have wanted a more reliable means of identifying Magento developers with the expertise and experience needed to execute their projects.
To the entire Magento community, we would like to say 1) thank you for your patience, and 2) Magento Developer Certification is finally here!
Another reason to be at Innovate
During the Innovate Developer's Conference at San Francisco’s Moscone Center on October 12th-13th, developers will have the first-ever opportunity to earn Magento Developer Certification by taking a beta version of the exam. Magento Developer Certification is the gold standard for credibility among Magento developers, partners and merchants.
If you’d like be one of the first Magento developers to receive the certification, here is what you need to know:
What is Magento Developer Certification?
- An objective, professional mid-advanced level certification geared toward professional developers that have real-world experience with Magento implementations
- Sponsored by Magento
- Created by Magento developer gurus with the input of experts from the global Magento ecosystem
- Developed using the most rigorous industry standards and methodologies for exam development, ensuring exam’s accuracy in evaluating relevant skills
Why is this great news for all?
Magento Developer Certification benefits all members of the global Magento ecosystem:
- Individual Developers:
- Be recognized for your Magento skills
- Build credibility with your peers and network
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
- Increase your value and income
- Gain additional knowledge through preparation and training
- Promote your credentials via use of the Magento Certified Developer logo on your CV or Résumé
- Hiring Managers:
- Easily identify qualified developers
- Find Magento partners that have teams of Magento Certified Developers
- Solution Partners:
- Ensure your developers have the right skills
- Showcase your team's qualifications
How much does it cost?
Participants in the initial beta test will pay a reduced rate of $150, a $110 savings (regular price $260) for the exam. However, space is limited so register for your exam in advance to guarantee your spot! Space will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
How do I sign up?
When do I find out about the results?
Participating developers will be notified by email 4-6 weeks after the conference. Developers who pass the exam based on the Beta exam analysis will achieve the Magento Certified Developer or Magento Certified Developer Plus credential.
What if I can’t make it to Innovate?
Starting in December, developers will be able to take the Magento Developer Certification exam at one of 10,000+ testing sites worldwide. Please check for updates here.
Magento encourages all developers to take advantage of this rewarding opportunity. If you have additional questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘certification’ in the subject line.
Hope to see you at Innovate!