Magento Contributors Update
Greetings Magento Contributors,
Back in February, we redesigned our Magento Contributor's Program and re-announced it to the community. We were completely blown away with both requests to come a contributor, and the new contributions that were committed to our repository or uploaded in the form of a patch. As exciting as this has been, we quickly realized we needed a better way to handle the incoming requests and also making sure that you receive a timely response on your contribution. So with that said, it's time for an update.
Over the last couple of weeks, you may have noticed some updates on your contribution tickets in the form of a response from me. This is part of our new process to keep you informed. Expect to see updates from me when I escalate the contribution to core, if we need additional information, or to relay any other important information back to you. I am working directly with our core team to make sure you receive these updates as soon as possible, but if you are ever in doubt, or have a question about your contribution -- please feel free to
One of the things we’ve noticed while fine tuning this new process, is that there has been some overlap on what the core team is working on, and what our contributors are working on. In order to help avoid this, please be sure to always check what you intend to work on, against our most recent beta version of Magento Community Edition. We are hoping that this, coupled with a quicker response to your contributions will help to avoid this kind of overlap in the future.
Additionally here are a few tips to help make this new process run smoothly:
- If you commit a revision, or have a patch – please create a Jira ticket.
- Set the ticket status to RESOLVED and assign it directly to me.
- For bug fixes – as mentioned above be sure that the issue still exists in our most recent beta in the Downloads section.
- Be aware we are moving away data flow module and replacing it with a new import/export module so we will no longer be accepting contributions towards this.
- As of June 1st, Google has retired Googlebase, so we will no longer be accepting contributions towards this. Please see our blog for more information on Google Shopping APIs
Finally, are you interested in being part of the solution? Be sure to drop us an and we’ll tell you how to get started.Long live Open Source!