Behind the Scenes Video: Magento Mass Grid / Batch Updates
By popular demand and feedback from the community, Magento’s upcoming release will introduce a mass-grid update feature. This will allow quick, on-the-fly management of batched data updates for products and customers.
In this video, we show…
- Filtering the product grid to display simple products with an attribute set of “Shoes”.
- Selecting all products that meet the search criteria.
- Selecting the Update Attributes action to view the common attributes that are shared across the selected products.
- Changing the Gift Messaging attribute.
- Saving the changes will effect all 40 products selected.
This feature will be extended to other grids in the system (e.g. orders). Additionally, mass grid price updates will allow the ability to update prices for any number of selected products by percentage and/or fixed amounts (this feature will be implemented as a seperate action to the product grid).