Having been selected as a ‘showoff’ startup, we’ll be showcasing Magento next week (January 16th) at Twiistup. This is a great opportunity to meet the Magento Team. Although the event is fully sold out, you can still win two tickets by donating to Kiva.org.
What is Twiistup?
Twiistup connects people from technology, media and entertainment. Held at a nightclub, our quarterly events feature several startups chosen to ‘showoff’ their products & services to influential bloggers, fellow tech-heads, investors, the media and those interested in learning about what’s hot in tech. An alternative to traditional networking events, Twiistup mixes it up with tunes, video, bites, beverages, prizes, swag and the unexpected.
We look forward to seeing you there!
We are happy to announce the availability for download of Magento Preview version 0.7.14800. The major highlights of the release include the mass/batch grid updates (see related blog post), order editing and canceling through the administrative interface, and a new installation process.
* Please note (important): The payment module checkout functionality has been redeveloped for PayPal Website Payment Pro, PayFlowPro and Authorize.net. If you are using previous versions, we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version.
- Add support for Magento PEAR channel installation and upgrades of Magento Connect extensions. Including a bootstrap installation process
- Limit shipping methods per country
- Client side Credit Card validation per type
- Order edit and cancel
- Add/edit gift messages in admin
- Ajax session expiration handling
- Mass grid updates for customers and products
- Reworked system configuration
- Send product to a friend with support for limited access and number of recipients.
- Polls visibility per store
- Shipping status tracking using API for the various shipping methods (support for full tracking information will be added in future releases)
- URL rewrites GUI
Enhancements and Bugfixes
- Payment module checkout functionality redone for: PayPal Website Payment Pro, PayFlowPro and Authorize.net
- Fixed cache lifetime and set cache by default during install, fixed cache options save
- Added installModuleSystemDefaults for installing default values for fields
- Fixed wrong target url in rewrites
- Fixed bug with moving product to shopping cart from ordered items and with address saving in order creation
- Product attribute saving bug fix
- Minor install fixes
- Fixed email sending problems when an order was saved
- Multi shipping progress bar fixed
- Wishlist ‘click here’ link fixed
- Fixed problems with retrieve store configuration
- Fixed automatic base dir calculation
- Fixed vote timing in poll module
- Fixed paygate config - added use CCV option for authorize.net and payflowpro
- Changed include_path order
- Moved system/filesystem/* fields data to config.xml
- Install improvements, added options for not using apache rewrites
- When doing guest checkout with register option selected, and there happens a payment error, the customer should have to login before retrying, because the customer account is already created
- Configurable products might be out of stock and not available to buy, even if they have available associated products
- There is no payment method information available when using Paypal Express checkout
We are pleased to announce the availability for download of Magento Preview version 0.6.13700. The major highlights of the release include the first implementation of a Magento DataFlow module (import/export tool), UPS and DHL shipping integration support, and catalog rewrite rules (for search engine optimization).
- Added DHL shipping method integration
- Added UPS XML shipping integration
- Added admin dashboard preview
- Added batch export/import tool preview
- Added catalog URL rewrites
- Added configurable option to show breadcrumbs on CMS pages
Impovements and Bugfixes:
- Improved collections performance
- Optimized core/email_template_filter
- Fixed backups creating bug
- Fixed CMS noroute, added 404 http status for not found page
- Added handling of ajax session expiration in frontend and in admin
- Added custom layout update xml field to CMS pages
- Fixed minor issues in tablerate export
- Added multiline form field type
- Moved subscription logic to Mage_Newsletter
- Disallowed deleting of default customer groups
- Fixed checking $_SERVER variables when not run from webserver
- Added storing original loaded data in models
- Fixed EAV cache
- Made admin secure loading when set up
- Fixed Vietnamese locale name
- Fixed few wishlist issues (shared wishlist display, wishlist links translation, add all to cart, product URLs in shared wishlist email)
- Fixed admin permissions grid issues
- Mysqli, pdo_mysql failsafe free result before statement fix
- Added possibility to show root category list of products in Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List
- Fixed admin search, catalog search and newsletter queue bugs in admin
- Fixed loading some translation files
- Moved SKU to catalog/product entity table, fixed finding unique value in static attribute
- Fixed bug with cache tags in core/app
- Fixed utf-8 charset name
- Fixed per store attribute labels
- Fixed mcrypt key length
- Fixed secure URL validation during installation
- Few logical bugfixes for EAV collection and core resource setup
- Fixed search problem with ? in query
- Fixed problem with retrieving regions list in admin
- Changed default template for credit card info block to show only 4 last digits
- Fixed absolute/relative URLs bug
- System fields values are not translated when exporting data
- Multistore and multiple values support in batch export/import tool is missing, right now we have only per store import/export
- Interactive file upload will be improved in the next releases
- We are awaiting for a community feedback on testing DHL shipping method integration
- There is no xml validation for batch export/import advanced profile
- Admin dashboard doesn’t show zero value entries
- Store filter exports all customers that belong to the website the store is in
- Open text ftp account password in xml
- Right after the installation or upgrade go to the Admin -> System -> Cache Management, check the ‘Refresh Catalog Rewrites’ checkbox and click on ‘Save cache settings’ button in order to get new URL rewrites updated
- GUI for managing URL rewrites will be released in future releases
We are proud to announce Magento Connect (MC), a marketplace for the distribution of community and commercial Magento products and services. MC is expected soon after Magento’s production release in early 2008 and will offer the following:
- Modules extending Magento’s functionality
- Design Packages
- 3rd party integrations
- Language Packs / Locales
- Installation Packages
- Virtual Installation Images (pre-installed OS)
- Job Board
- (much much more…)
Magento Connect offers opportunities for 3rd party development firms and individuals to reach the Magento Community. We expect a large ecosystem to evolve to extend Magento’s core features.
Over the next few weeks we’ll begin sharing more specific information about our plans and our vision for making this the destination for the eCommerce community, including screenshots and screencasts of the contribution process (for both open source and commercial contributions). A forum is now available to discuss Magento Connect questions and topics.
We are excited about the potential and hope you’ll join us for the ride.
We’ll be posting regular (daily) short and fun updates via twitter. You can visit our Twitter page (http://twitter.com/magento) or stay up to date with a Twitter Magento RSS Feed (http://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline/9737982.rss)
By popular demand, we recently added a knowledge base article on how to upgrade Magento. This has been a topic of many forum posts and we hope it addresses the questions.
The Magento Community keeps growing and with over 6,100 posts (in roughly 50 days since launch) the forum is where most of the action is happening. We recently introduced sub-forum functionality for better categorization and structure of the topics (see related forum post).
That’s it for now. More exciting news next week