We've been contacted by many members of the community over the past few weeks asking a simple question - "What can we do to help?". Given Magento's "age" and the status of the project development, this question is not as simple as it may seem. So we got our team together to discuss the question and came up with some ideas:
- Testing and QA: We love getting bug reports!... OK - not really, but it does help. We all want Magento to be a high quality product so let us know if anything looks out of place.
- Translations: We are currently working with community members to test the translation process (German, French and Polish are in the works). We will soon open this up to the rest of the world, so keep an eye out for the announcement if you can help.
- Community Support: The community forum is incredibly active (2700+ messages so far). Take part, help each other out, and develop relationships with fellow Magento community members.
- Documentation / Wiki: Have an idea for a cool article? An interesting how-to, step by step tutorial? Head on over to the Wiki, create an article and share the knowledge.
- Spread the Word! - Let your colleagues, clients, friends, partners and the rest of the world know about Magento - I am sure they'll appreciate it. If you have a site or blog, we've prepared a few chicklets/badges you can use to link to MagentoCommerce.com from your site.
Have any other ideas? Let us know in the comments.