Magento has been selected as a finalist for the 2008 SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards in the following categories:
- Best Project for the Enterprise
- Best New Project
- Most Likely to Change the World
- Most Likely to Be the Next $1B Acquisition
Help us get Magento on the map. Vote for Magento today!
Nielsen Mobile reports 9.16 million U.S. mobile phone users, 3.6% of the total 254.5 million, have used their phones to pay for goods and services, through avenues including wireless carrier portals, m-commerce sites and text messages. What’s more, 49% of the 94 million mobile phone users with data service—the ability to access the Internet from a mobile device—expect to participate in mobile commerce in the future ... Already millions of mobile users are logging on to their favorite retailers over the phone and purchasing items. With the success of m-commerce sites like Amazon.com, which more than 2 million people have visited, and eBay, which more than 3 million have visited, this shows a critical mass that represents a real opportunity for retailers.
Stay tuned for an announcement later this week regarding Magento’s mobile commerce offerings.
Thanks to everyone that stopped by and said hello over the past few days at the Internet Retailer Conference in Chicago. The Magento booth was busy and the traffic seemed to never stop The product was well received and it was exciting to see the level of interest from our enterprise commercial platform competitors. Magento is a unique product in the eCommerce market and they have all taken notice.
See you next year!
We are happy to introduce a new support program available to the Magento Community. Varien’s professional and premium support services offer a suite of world-class packages geared to ensure the ongoing success of your Magento implementation. Starting at $500/year for the Silver Plan, the support program features:
- Customer Support Portal (web-based) - The Customer Support Portal provides 24/7/365 access for reporting new issues and communicating with the Magento team. Issues are prioritized by severity and get assigned to the appropriate account manager to be later tracked for completion and resolution.
- Guaranteed Response Times - Response time is prioritized based on your SLA (Service Level Agreement). However, The Magento Support Team is always striving to exceed your expectations and provide a faster response time than your SLA states. You can rest assured that we will respond as quickly as possible to diagnose and resolve reported issues.
- Live Phone Support - Platinum Support subscribers receive live phone support 24/7/365. Gold Support subscribers receive live phone support during business hours.
- Quarterly Webinars - Participate in Quarterly Webinars discussing Product Direction and help shape Magento’s roadmap.
The program covers support for Magento’s core product including:
- Magento Installation and Downloads
- Magento Usage Issues
- Basic Configuration
- Troubleshooting, Bug Fixes and Escalation
Today we’ll be introducing a new homepage that is aligned with Magento’s position as THE platform for eCommerce growth. A short movie is presented below (no sound) to better illustrate Magento’s position in the market. This kicks off a branding campaign to introduce Magento to a wider audience and continue spreading the word.
New Magento Homepage