Magento knows that creating a seamless, end-to-end online shopping experience for your customers is critical to the success of your online store. It is important to think beyond set-up and marketing and consider what happens after your customer completes an online transaction.
Shipping, delivery and tracking are part of the operational logistics behind eCommerce that can help your business stand out from the competition. Magento has partnered with Canada Post, the only company to deliver to each of the 15 million Canadian business and residential addresses, to provide more choice and flexibility when it comes to shipping, delivery, tracking or returns for Canadian online shoppers. New extensions that connect with Canada Post are now available on Magento Connect.
By empowering online shoppers with greater transparency and control over decisions related to these key areas, you can help enhance long term customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Canada Post’s strategic integration with the Magento platform will better enhance the Canadian consumer’s online shopping experience. This means your customer never has to leave your online store, from first click to the last leg of item delivery.
So what can you expect from the new Magento Canada Post extensions?
- Set accurate customer expectations from the onset: discourage shopping cart abandonment with transparent total rates and expected delivery dates in the checkout process.
- Choose from various convenient, local delivery options: Canada Post delivers to over 15 million addresses across Canada, so customers can get their package right to their doorstep. Because your customers lead different lifestyles, they can also choose to have their item delivered to the closest Post Office of their choice. Integrated with Google Maps, Canadians can choose from one of the 6,500 postal outlets across the country.
- Keep customers up to date with tracking details throughout the process: We know there’s a lot of anticipation attached to receiving an item after purchase. Do you want to spend less time and money answering the question – where’s my item? Now, you can empower customers to get real-time tracking information about their parcel’s whereabouts. Customers don’t have to leave your online store to get the tracking information they want about their shipment.
- Simplify tasks through automation: Now you can print shipping labels directly within your Magento admin panel, helping to further simplify shipping logistics for your business.
- Keep customers satisfied: Provide your shoppers with simplicity and convenience with self-serve return labels within the online store. Making the return process easy will give shoppers a reason to come back to your online store another time.
You can choose from two Canada Post extensions from Magento Solution Partners. To learn more about the new features and functionalities, visit www.magentocommerce.com/magento-canadapost.
Register for the Canada Post webinar on March 20th at 9AM PST