Magento Answers Updates
A week ago we launched our public beta of Magento Answers Since then, we've have seen strong participation and feedback. In fact, 99% of questions submitted through Magento Answers have answers. Even while in this early stage, Magento Answers is providing value to our community. As stats begin to roll in, we'll report on top posters, top threads and superstar contributors. We'll also be updating you regularly on new features, as they are enabled. I'm really looking forward to this new way of getting involved with the Community through Magento Answers.
Magento Answers Tips
In order to get the most out of Magento Answers, and your questions answered as quickly as possible, here are a few tips and best practices to help you out:
- When you come to Answers for the first time, you are directed to the Get Started page. Get started by adding topics. As you add topics, the stream on the right will populate with questions from those topics. Once you follow 5 or more topics, you'll be directed to Magento Answers homepage where you can now view your feed.
- Adding topics is very important to Magento Answers, as people follow the topics that interest them the most. If you add "Looking for Code snippet - Help" as a topic, it may not get any followers or an audience. We'll be taking great strides to make sure our topics are accurate, and followable and will remove and edit topics as necessary. Please do your best to make your topics meaningful.
- For troubleshooting questions, accuracy is even more important. Please be as specific as possible and add the version of Magento you are using along with any other details which may be important for our Community experts to know.
- Use images and the code tag! The editor is there for your convenience.
- Are you looking for your activity feed? Click on your Avatar on Answers and you'll see all your recent activity, including which topics were followed and unfollowed.
- Have we mentioned that our Expert Consulting Group (ECG) is on Magento Answers and looking for challenging questions? They like a good challenge, so I'm challenging you to bring your questions over to Magento Answers.
I would like to give a special shout-out to some of the folks who got very active with us, during our private beta and gave us some invaluable initial feedback and just what we needed to get started. So, in no particular order, thank you to: Josh Pratt, Damian Culotta, Robert van Kemenade, Simon Lilly (along with Forum Moderators) Tom Robertshaw and Brent Peterson.
And we want to hear more. Magento Answers is in Beta and that means we'll be adding new features and capabilities as we go along and we need to hear from you! Your feedback is what will power Magento Answers to be a strong community powered tool. Please email us your feedback .