Our first Magento Live Germany event was a great success! Many thanks to the 300+ merchants, partners and developers that traveled to Munich to share insights, best practices and fun. We had a packed program of keynotes and multiple breakout tracks spanning merchant stories, partner best practices and technical and business sessions.
Magento and eBay executives kicked off the day:
- Roy Rubin, Magento’s COO and Co-Founder addressed the current industry trends as well as Magento’s strong momentum, with a special focus on opportunity, growth and innovation.
- Jimmy Duvall, Head of Product, Magento reviewed Magento Enterprise 1.13 and Magento Community 1.8, and invited developers to provide feedback on Magento 2 updates available on GITHUB.
- Matthias Setzer, Senior Director Merchant Services, PayPal Germany spoke about the challenges and opportunities of a dynamic eCommerce environment where the consumer holds all the keys.
Surprise speaker and former top-level German football referee Dr. Markus Merk inspired attendees to tap their emotions, identity, courage and responsibility when making difficult decisions whether in soccer, commerce or in life.
Here are some highlights from the breakout sessions:
- The basis for a great customer experience online is the underlying technology, especially if you’re coordinating that experience across multiple geographies. mytheresa.com is able to update their site daily, adjust country-specific pricing quickly, and customize caching to split channels by business needs. The site now has over 1.5M unique monthly visitors and 2,000 orders per day.
- “Users focus on content rather than the technical features so write for your reader and not for the search engines!” Vinai Kopp, Manager of Developer Education at Magento reviewed on-page search engine optimization basics and Magento best practices.
- In today’s increasingly competitive search marketing environment, just getting ranked in a top search position is no longer sufficient to drive traffic to a website. Danny Essner, Head of Merchant Marketing at Magento, spoke to the relationship between ranks in organic search and click through rates and how to increase these rates through engaging content.
- Noam Inbar, VP of Business Development at Zooz Payments explained how to address consumer fears and barriers to transaction completion by improving the payment and checkout experience. The easiest way to maximize conversions: minimize the number of steps at checkout and don’t ask for the same information multiple times.
- Several sessions focused on mobile best practices and speakers agreed that regardless of the design approach, it’s important to consider what content users will want on a mobile device and how they will consume it.
- More broadly, Thomas Husson, Vice President and Principle Analyst, Forrester challenged attendees to prepare for the digital mindshift, noting that the only choice is to “disrupt yourself or become disrupted”.
Big thanks to those who were able to join us! Special thanks to all of our presenters and to our sponsors for making this exciting event possible!
Click images to expand