Thanks to all that attended our presentation, ”Building an Ecommerce Site with Open Source Tools / An Overview of Open Source Commerce Solutions” at SCALE 6x on Sunday. Magento was well received and it was great to meet members of the community face to face
Magento has been selected to present in Under the Radar: The Business of WebApps Conference, taking place on March 20th in Mountain View, CA.
Under the Radar will uncover 32 startups, that have launched within the year, showcasing the newest web apps created by developers with a quest for innovation and a tendency towards disruption. Having launched numerous companies into startup stardom, acquisition and beyond, Under the Radar is the most discerning and reliable platform today for discovering tomorrow’s leading technology companies ... Out of the hundreds of nominations and startups we found in our own research - we’ve looked at them all - these startups are the best of the best. We’re looking for game-changers, innovators and, most of all, startups that have a real shot at success.
As previously mentioned, Magento will be presented in a session titled ”Building an Ecommerce Site with Open Source Tools / An Overview of Open Source Commerce Solutions” at SCALE 6x, Southern California Linux Expo. The event takes place on February 8-10, 2008 at the Westin Los Angeles Airport.
The Southern California Linux Expo is an annual Linux, Open-Source, and Free Software conference held in Los Angeles, CA. This is one of three community run open-source events in the United States.
The Southern California Linux also known as SCALE has been held annually since 2002. The event features an expo floor with both commercial and .org / non-profit exhibitors, as well as 2 days of seminars on the topic of Linux and Open Source software. Some past exhibitors have included: IBM, Sharp, MySQL, Debian, KDE, OpenDocument Fellowship, Google, MythTV, and others.
Hope to see you there!
Due to popular (almost overwhelming) demand, the Magento team is now offering professional installation services. This is ideal for those Magento fans that wish to try out the product (on their desired, supported hosting environment) without the hassle of installation.
You can learn more about the service at http://www.magentocommerce.com/pro-install/ .
We are happy to announce the availability for download of Magento Preview version 0.7.15480. The major highlights of the release include sales order management (invoices, shipments, offline refunds), reorders, advanced search, support for Paypal Website Standard (see video) and design themes management per store, product or category (see related blog post).
- Added Sales Order Management (invoices, shipments, offline refunds)
- Added Reorders functionality
- Added Design Themes Management functionality: per store, per product & per category
- Added Paypal Website Standard IPN method
- Added Product Tier Prices by Customer Group
- Added Product Special Price by dates
- Added Advanced Search functionality
- Attribute editing - added show in advanced search option per attribute
- Order Management: Invoices, Credit Memos, Shipments
- Added Scheduled Tasks Management (cron working)
- Added system configuration option to make a payment method available in specified countries only
Improvements and Bugfixes
- Added tax configration options: apply after discount, apply on shipping, tax rate type for shipping
- Added “Save and Continue” button on CMS page & block edit page
- Fixed Mage_Log statistics aggregation
- Added “Continue Shopping” button
- Fixed admin permissions editing
- Fixed store switcher
- Fixed product images uploading
- Fixed system configuration saving
- Fixed ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME problem by using Zend_Controller_Request_Http::getBasePath
- Added SET MODE=’’ when opening mysql connection
- Always load layout/local.xml after all other layout update files
- Cleaned HTML for validation purposes, CSS cleanup
- In all config.xml replaced */controller to adminhtml/controller, to enable custom admin controllers
- Fixed generation of module route front name in urls
- Fixed config xml cache generation, xml entities
- Fixed installation exceptions handling
- Catalog pager “Per page” value is configurable now
- Inventory “Use Config Settings” checkboxes are checked be default when creating a new product now
- Added UTF-8 to response headers
- Moved head out of root templates, added configurable body class (body class contains dashes only), added body class for module-controller-action, cms-pages, categorypath-cat1-cat2, category-cat2, product-prod
- Added currency conversion rates caching
- Moved design configuration from themes to admin config
- Enabled switching from global to local attribute
- Minor .htaccess updates, added line for 1and1 hosting
- Fixed install wizard - continue after download page in IE
- Fixed table rate shipping
- Template Path Hints
- Direct refunds for online payment gateways will be implemented in the next release.
- Adding tracking information from invoice along with created shipment is coming
- After upgrade, need to logout and login to admin to see the changes
- Paypal Express Checkout for Paypal Payments Pro can’t auto capture from the admin manage orders module
The sample data archive file is available in .zip (41 MB), .tar.gz (40 MB), and .tar.bz2 (37MB) formats to download (the files contain exactly the same content inside and are provided in different formats just for your convenience).
Each archive contains a SQL script that should be applied on a clean database with your database management tool (phpMyAdmin or whatever you use), and ‘media’ folder with sample product images that you should copy to your Magento media folder. You should then run the regular installation process as for a complete package. Please make sure that you have exactly the same version of Magento that the sample data is provided for – 0.7.15480.
Please also backup all your data and keep separately any custom changes on the files you did, because they may not be compatible with the sample data provided.
Upgrading Magento Comments
- Please backup your database and code before upgrading
- For users using APC; need to restart the server after PEAR upgrade
- XAMPP/WAMP Users - While testing upgrades from the PEAR channel, issues were discovered. At this time we do not recommend PEAR channel upgrades in these environments
- If you installed 0.714800 not using the PEAR installer, you can still use the PEAR channel upgrade (make sure all directories are writable for web server user) by going to Remote Extensions (admin) and clicking on Interface_Adminhtml_Default, Action tab and click install. Repeat same procedure for Interface_Frontend_Default and Interface_Install_Default.
- After upgrading, please logout to refresh the current installation
- Any issues? Let us know in the forums
Video: Upgrading Magento from PEAR Channel (One-Click Upgrade)
View Larger Video
By popular demand, Paypal Website Payment Standard (IPN) will be available in Magento’s next release. Check out the video below.
Read More ...