Calling all Beta Testers: Notes on the pending Beta1 preview release
With the pending release of Magento's Beta1 preview (by August 31), we'd like to reiterate a few important points that have been discussed on the blog (through postings and comments) in the last few weeks.
- This is Magento's preview version and an early release of the product. We expect bugs (and lots of 'em) given the complexity and intricacy of the system. As such, we strongly advise not to use in production environments at this time. Many things may change as we receive feedback (including the core), so please take this into consideration when making a decision.
- We've been contacted by hundreds of individuals from across the world that wish to take part in beta testing. This is your time to shine ... and we look forward to working together to address any issues that may come up.
- Documentation is an area that will be greatly improved on in the weeks to come. If you feel you can contribute (as a developer or an end-user), get in touch with us - we'd love your help.
- The upcoming community site will provide a platform for us all to communicate. We are excited to start working with the community and getting feedback about the product. So don't be shy
- Support for international users is coming. We are currently focused on the architecture and core feature set. Once everything is stable, we'll be working with our friends from across the world to adapt Magento to the local flavors. This is an important part of our strategy and you can be assured we are coming your way.
That's it! Thanks again for the support and we can't wait to share Magento with you.